According to figures published by Hackney council on 10 January 2010, residents overwhelmingly said 'yes' to a turbine on Hackney Marshes. Green Power on Hackney Marshes
But just what does that mean? Well, the percentage in favour sounds robust: 87% of those consulted. But I wanted to know what fraction of the electorate that figure encompasses. Under FOIA, I found out:
Here's my question:
7) What percentage of the population of Hackney does this response represent?
And here's Hackney council's answer:
"In response to the above questions:
712 people responded to the public consultation on the proposal to locate a wind turbine on East Marsh. This represents 0.34% of Hackney’s resident population (estimated in 2008 to be 212,200)..."
So, rather less than one half of a percent of Hackney's population responded to the consultation.
And barely 0.3% of Hackney's residential population positively supported the proposals in the consultation.
- Major electricity company EDF pulls out of bidding...
- Eton Manor wind turbine backgrounder
- Hackney's east marsh wind turbine - how the money ...
- Hackney wind turbine - enough energy to power a ch...
- 0.34% of Hackney's resident population responded t...
- Facts about the proposed wind turbine on Hackney M...
- ▼ March (6)