''EDF abandons 2012 Olympics turbine due to ‘lack of wind.''' This is what the London Evening Standard's Matthew Beard reported on 21 January this year, yet curiously, this detail is absent from the council's report on its consultation, completed just four days later on 25 January.
It's also missing from the BBC's report, published on 25 January.
There's no mention of the fact that a mainstream electricity supplier - London's largest - has taken itself out the bidding because the resource it needs to make money just isn't there.
- Major electricity company EDF pulls out of bidding...
- Eton Manor wind turbine backgrounder
- Hackney's east marsh wind turbine - how the money ...
- Hackney wind turbine - enough energy to power a ch...
- 0.34% of Hackney's resident population responded t...
- Facts about the proposed wind turbine on Hackney M...
- ▼ March (6)